EFIS and EMS Display Unit Assembly Instructions
Detailed instructions for assembling the Display Unit
- Assemble the unit
- Prepare the male pins for soldering them to the main board
- Prepare the female headers for soldering them to the Arduino Mega Mini board
- Join the headers and boards together
- Solder the headers on the Arduino board
- Solder the pins on the bottom side of the main board
- Separate the Arduino board from the main board
- Remove the screw terminal from the MCP2515 CAN-Bus adapter
- Cut the terminating resistor pins
- Shorten the CAN board by about 5mm from the side where screw terminal was installed
- Install and solder the CAN board to the main board. Make sure the CAN board components don’t touch the main board surface.
- Install and solder the DB9 male connector.
- Install and solder the 20-pin female header on the bottom side of the main board.
- install and solder the 20 pin male header on the LCD display
- attach the LCD display
- Install and solder the encoder on the spacer board
- (Optional) Install and solder the toggle switch on the spacer board
- (Optional) Install and solder the warning LEDs on the spacer board
- Install and solder the 9 male header pins on the bottom side of the spacer board
- install the spacer board on the main board. Before soldering it to the main board, it might be a good idea to trial-fit the unit into the instrument panel and see what is the best position for the spacer. If possible solder the spacer with the unit fitted.
- Upload the software
- Perform basic tests
- Install the unit on the instrument panel