Quick GitHub Guide
If all you want to do is to download the latest version of the software for your avionics project, simply follow these steps:
- Click on the link for software you want to download from my GitHub. For example https://github.com/ExperimentalAvionics/Avionics_Display_19264
- Click on the “Clone or Download” button (Green button on the right hand side)
- Click “Download ZIP”. It will initiate the file download. The file name will be something like Avionics_Display_19264-master.zip
- Unzip the downloaded file into the folder where all your other Arduino projects are. On Windows it will be something like c:\Users\<MyName>\Documents\Arduino\
- The unzipped folder name will look like BlahBlahBlah-master. You need to rename it removing the “-master”. In our example the unzipped folder will have name Avionics_Display_19264-master
You need to rename it to Avionics_Display_19264
- Start your Arduino IDE and open up the Avionics_Display_19264.ino file. Note the name of the file to open is the same name as the folder.
- Have fun!
For those who want to contribute to the project but dont know how to use GitHub collaboration features, I recommend to watch some YouTube videos on this subject.
Also feel free to contact me – oleg@ExperimentalAvionics.com